The Ballard Public Library opened here on June 24, 1904, part of the 2,500 Carnegie libraries built between 1883 and 1929 in partnerships between the steel magnate and local communities. It became the first major branch of the Seattle public library system when Seattle annexed the city in 1907, and remained in service until 1963. Since then it has hosted a number of small businesses, most recently the formal French restaurant Carnegie's (2003-2010).
Est. June 9, 2012 - Building constructed: 1904
Previous bars in this location: Carnegie's
Website: kangarooandkiwi.com - facebook - Ballard Carnegie Library
Reviews: seattleweekly - komonews - seattleweekly - myballard - yelp - theworldisfun