"The Northern Pacific Railroad does not extend service to the Harrah area until about 1916-1917; after which much mention is made of the line being a spur off the main line running through Wapato (a town to the east)—and the line soon ventures further west to pick up lumber and farm products in White Swan. And talk is made of “spurs” (or probably dead end sidings) used to load iced or refrigerated boxcars off the main spur. So the Spur Tavern probably was named for that as it is just north of the tracks." (John Baule, personal correspondence, June 22, 2014)
Baule also notes that there was no town in this location in the 1890s, though of course this does not categorically rule out the possibility of a saloon here.